11 August 2013

Most Stylish of the Week: Ashton Kutcher's & Jason Sudeikis Double Hit

MSOTW11Aug

After last week's great week in style I was afraid this past one would be much slower. But I couldn't have been more wrong.
I am yet to be convinced of Ashton Kutcher's skills in his portrayal of Steve Jobs but if there's one thing the actor's got down is his style. My favourite of his two best looks this week is a navy Rag & Bone suit, which he wore with a Pickwick & Weller white t-shirt half tucked in. These alone would have been a great call so when you add a printed pocket square, orange belt and tan lace-ups the result is what is (possibly) the best look of the week. A few days earlier Ashton had rung the New York Stock Exchange bell in a Burberry number. I loved the maroon suit, which looked classic but very much stylish paired with a lavender shirt and a striped tie that tied together both colours perfectly.
I hope I can be as sharp and cool as Jason Sudeikis when I grow up. This week the actor made a few appearances around NYC. The first, in a great casual-and-smart look I couldn't identify more with. He gave it his own personal spin with a pair of baby blue 'Do The Right Thing' Air Jordan 3 retro sneakers. Day later he dropped by the Jay Leno show and nailed a more classic tailored look. I am specially keen on the tie clip and the socks.
James Marsden seems to be on a roll. This week he wore a Dolce & Gabbana brown suit with a micro print contrast shirt. I think the fit of the trousers is simply perfect, though I wish he would have gone for more interesting accessories.
Debuting this week on the Most Stylish of the Week is Liev Schreiber. The actor attended the premiere of 'The Butler' in a navy suit cut with absolute precision for his shape. I like the fact that he avoided wearing a tie and how he used tan leather accessories. If you are going to go for such a classic look you better make sure everything fits like a glove.
Gabriel Mann always dresses well for his public appearances and, what's most important, he tries different things. I wouldn't say this look is a go-to for anyone but it works great on him. The key to pulling off a bow-tie in a subtle way is to make sure the colour isn't loud and the shape never reaches your jacket's lapels.

MSOTW11AugB
JustJared, Getty

No comments: