08 July 2012

Frank Loves: Siviglia SS13

SivigliaSS13
While I was in Milan a few weeks back I had the chance to attend the SS13 Siviglia show. I was quite excited to see the collection because I am always interested in finding out about new brands and designers doing interesting work. And I love the element of surprise of attending a fashion show you don't know what to expect from.
I wasn't disappointed. The SS13 collection was fascinating because it brought together sportswear elements and very sharp modern tailoring in a very unique and innovative way. Classic 3-piece suits were reinvented by introducing new materials such as nylon or jacquard and fencing-inspired waistcoats. The contemporary shapes of the tailoring together with the bold colours and prints struck a perfect balance between the modern and the classic – a total look is bang-on the season's trends but separately, each item is timeless. These are clothes for a modern, fashion-savvy and very practical man.

The trousers were one of my highlights from the show. Siviglia introduced for spring the perfect length of both the cropped suit trouser and the shorts – a man never wants to show too much ankle or expose too much thigh.
I fell completely in love with the exquisite textures of suits. Especially the short numbers in orange and blue you can see above and below. They will be perfect additions to my SS13 wardrobe.

Make sure you check out Siviglia's site to find out more about the brand, including the list of retailers.


SivigliaSS13b
All images courtesy of Siviglia
Take a look at my video of the finale below. This is one of those shows where they clothes look amazing in pictures but they blow you away in person. Click here to watch the full show.

No comments: