09 July 2012

Philipp Plein SS13: Chuck Bass with an Edge

PHILIPP PLEIN Men's Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show (1)

This season was my first time at a Philipp Plein show and, though I knew well the brand already, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it. All I knew was that Ed Westwick was going to be on the runway, which was enough to have all the guests buzzing with excitement.
The show was at 9pm on my first day in town and welcomed us into a medieval Palazzo during the steamy Milanese summer night. Once the super cool and eclectic crowd took to their seats a live DJ started spinning the first tune, to which Ed Westwick marched down the runway in a dapper all-black tailored look topped off by a modernity-meets-tradition baby blue blazer.
Philipp Plein's street wear edge was welcome amongst the rest more traditional menswear collections. I loved the sharp tailoring that appeared either combined with washed and ripped jeans, with swimming trunks of tropical prints, or as colourful evening options.
There was a real graphic quality to the whole collection, which went from the more expected plaid shirts to the street and tattoo art that injected t-shirts and customised skateboards speaking of an LA influence. The immense sneaker and shoe line crowned a collection only apt for the daring that didn't disappoint anyone.

PP1 PP2 PHILIPP PLEIN Men's Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show (40).1
Courtesy of Philipp Plein

Check out my video of the show finale below. Even I fidgeted in my seat like a teenage girl when Ed walked past.

No comments: