05 May 2012

Most Stylish of the Week: It's all in the Prada tie

MSOTW05May
JustJared, Mulberry
It hasn't been a particularly good week in menswear style, though you can always trust David Beckham to bring in some effortless coolness. Always.
I want to start with Austin Butler. I have been watching his style for weeks now but can't quite decide on whether he's just another LA guy or if there is something interesting in the way he dresses. It's funny because most of what he's wearing in the picture above qualifies as things I would never wear – baseball hat, plunging neck tee, tracksuit bottoms. But I can't seem to feel like there is something cool about the way he's put them together and added a nice grey denim jacket and a pair of navy TOMS shoes. I'll keep observing and reporting back.
This week I would like to name Stefano Tonchi as best dressed. This man has made a signature style out of double-breasted blazers and neckerchiefs. But it's incredible how he always manages to look different and very current in terms of fashion. What makes this look he wore to the Mulberry dinner last night during the first day of the Frieze Art Fair in New York is the Prada tie. I posted some of them on (Fashion, Frankly's brand new) Tumblr and I am definitely getting myself one in the next couple of weeks!
Best grooming goes, once again, to Mr David Beckham. I really want to know whether someone does it for him, if it is a great cut he can sweep back with his hand or if he just wakes up looking like that in the morning.

Thoughts?

No comments: