02 May 2012

Paul Smith exclusively for Mr Porter

PS4 This week's new arrivals to Mr P (as I like to refer to it) are twice as joyful for me because not only they've brought in new Orlebar Brown swimsuits, which I am crazy about, but they also introduced the first of a series of capsule collection exclusively created for them.
The first one, designed by Paul Smith, was launched yesterday and touches on a subject that I have always loved. It is inspired on T. Hayashida's "Take Ivy", a book of photography from the 1960's Ivy League campuses style. What Smith has done is creating contemporary classics with a slight preppy touch. My personal favourites are the gingham  shorts and the jersey jumper, which I'll buy after I finish writing this.
Because I am such a big fan of the book and I loved the collection I thought it would be nice to have some of the original inspiration Paul Smith used to create the garments. It makes me happy to know I am not the only one who looks at "Take Ivy" for ideas on how to dress.
Click here to check out the whole collection over at Mr P – look out for the 'EXCLUSIVE' tag for this capsule collection.

And remember to stay tuned because future exclusive collections include Oliver Spencer, Orlebar Brown (!), Rag & Bone and YMC (!!!).
PS2 PS1 PS5
PS3
All pictures: Fashion, Frankly & Courtesy of Mr Porter

No comments: