10 March 2012

Tod's FW12: My favourite pieces

IMG_1786
IMG_1787
Last January while I was in Milan for fashion week I made a stop at the stunning Villa Necchi where Tod's presents their new collections every season. It really doesn't get better than being with nice people sipping espressos and enjoying nice fashion.
As well as clothes and accessories Tod's always presents a few luxury items that make excellent presents and even better treats one an give oneself every once in a while. In my personal list I have the bright blue crocodile watch case or the also bright blue croc pencil stand. This season, as well as these classics, they have introduced an office gold set that comes perfectly laid out inside a crocodile case that comes in different colours. Exactly the kind of gift you would buy your father if he was the Gordon Gekko type.
IMG_1791
Gommini aside, my favourite shoes from the FW12 collection were the more casual ones. Especially the sneakers above. I love the classic and simple lines of the shoe. They're casual but not too dressed down and I love the worn-out effect of the skin.
I was also very keen on the boots you can see below. As Tod's usually does with their shoes, they come in a variety of colours, which is great but makes making up your mind that much harder. I think my favourite are the burgundy, though, they would look fantastic over a pair of skinny mustard jeans and a brown pea coat on a winter's day.
But of course I also fell in love with some of the classics. I am a sucker for brogues and these light beige suede ones are simply perfect. And not just for winter, I'd wear them all year around.
IMG_1790
IMG_1783
My other highlight of the collection were the jackets. Tod's has started branching out into ready-to-wear over the last few seasons and has done so by doing what they do best: working with leather. I absolutely fell in love with two of the jackets below – the blue suede one, which made me think of a 70's rock star, and a soft leather one that was more 'American road trip on a bike' – if I can afford it I will buy them both next season.
IMG_1792
IMG_1788
I also loved a few of the more traditional suede pieces from the collection. The beige suede blazer with the broad lapel and the split I love because it would look amazing as a 'coat' over a turtle neck worn with jeans – the ultimate chic Italian look I've always loved. But my absolute favourite were the suede shirts. They're amazing because you can use them as actual shirts adding an interesting twist to a suit or they can be worn as jackets over t-shirts or, say, a denim shirt for a super relaxed look.
IMG_1782
IMG_1781
IMG_1793

No comments: