28 February 2011

Top Man Design fw11

Top Man's fw11 collection was right up my alley. I loved all the wool and tweed grey suits and coats. I loved how they played with understated patterns the likes of herringbone and Prince of Wales check to give the greys a certain dynamism. As could be expected from what we saw in Milan and Paris, there was quite a lot of (faux) fur, which I also loved. The scarves and stoles looked somewhat battered but it somehow made them more desirable and, well, cool. They have gone to the top of my fw11 must-haves already. As have the cropped cuffed trousers, the very 70's beige suede jacket and the red coat. I very much enjoyed how the brand has focused a lot more on details this season, which give the looks soul. Take the socks, which are just about a different colour than the trousers to contract but not draw attention. The opposite effect of the printed neckerchiefs that substitute ties —very Stefano Tonchi.
TopManDesignFW11A
TopManDesignFW11B
The shoes also caught my attention because they seemed chunky yet light and because they were extremely contemporary but had been design based on the blueprint of the most classic lace-ups. I am particularly keen on the red-ish pair with the slightly far back buckle.
Have a look at my video of the finale below. If the collection wasn't awesome enough, the show took place at the bar room of the National Opera House, which, funnily enough, I had envisioned hosting a show.

[Pictures: GQ-magazine.co.uk, Iñaki C.]

No comments: