17 August 2011

Christopher Shannon FW11: Luxury Sportswear

Christopher Shannon's was one of the menswear shows I was most excited to see last season during London Fashion Week. I really loved their SS11 collection and I couldn't have been happier to have been able to attend the show.
The sort of blanket fabrics and the patterns across jumpers and shirts were my favourite part. It was as if a sporty guy from London had been travelling around Peru and incorporated the elements he found there to what he was originally wearing. I found the ruffled trousers incredibly cool, if only I had the balls to actually wear them...
There was also a lot of patchwork, be it more as we usually see it –various fabrics mixed to form a garment– or in shirts jackets or trousers made up by two wool and quilted nylon, printed and plain silk.
I will definitely treat myself to one or two of the pieces from the collection and I can't wait to see what walks the catwalk in September for the SS12 show.


You can see the full collection here.

No comments: