08 August 2011

Tod's f/w11: What not to miss

Last June, while I was in Milan for menswear fashion week, I attended the Tod's presentation. For the last few seasons they have been showing their collections at Villa Necchi, this stunning 1930's villa with a beautiful front garden and a dark wooden interior, which was the first villa in Milan to have its own pool.
LUX_3992
Courtesy of Tod's
There is a lot of suede in the new Tod's collection, which I love because it's one of the best ways of introducing texture in a look. My absolute favourites were the Chelsea boots. They're going to be my first FW11 footwear buy and I can't wait until they hit the store. It's going to be incredibly hard to choose only one colour, though!
I also fell in love with the croc pieces. The Moleskin-esque notebooks and diaries are incredibly chic, as is the watch case.
The ready-to-wear pieces like the double-chested blazer make it hard to only focus on the loafers, of which Tod's is launching a new model this season. The Vadim shoe is a new take on their signature "gomini". They have a more elongated body and a suede bow detail at the front. They are also seasonless and, hence, a great classic buy.
To top it all off, the weather in Milan was amazing and the Tod's team treated us like royalty. Who could want anything else?
TodsFW11
Iñaki C.

No comments: