22 August 2014

Evan Peters/Quicksilver wears Horiyoshi III in X-Men: Days of Future Past

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.13.00

I tend to spend every August working in London while most of Europe is away on holiday, which can sometimes be discouraging. On the upside, work really slows down so I am able to take it easy and catch up on quite a few of the movies I missed through the year. And that's exactly what I was doing last night – I watched X-Men: Days of Future Past.
I'm a big fan of X-Men in general but particularly of what they've been doing with the new movies, especially in terms of casting. One of their newest additions, Evan Peters as Quicksilver, makes his first, if quick, appearance in this latest instalments. And he does so wearing one of my favourite ever pieces – a Horiyoshi III bomber jacket, which we've seen before on Haider Ackermann and, hell, even on myself! Oddly enough, the scene takes place in 1976 but I'd be a d*ck to complain about anachronisms when I enjoyed this geeky detail so much I decided to post about it...

This model in particular is no longer available but you might be able to get your hands on the similar limited-editions for sale at the Horiyoshi III website.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.13.19
HoriyoshiIIIxmenevanpeters

No comments: