13 December 2012

Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2013: The Best Pieces

BurberryPrefall13

Even though I have always understood the strategy and logic behind the "mid-season seasons" fashion has introduced into the calendar over the last years I have never been all that keen on Cruise collections because, well, I am not a huge fan of S/S collections and because I do not like visiting warmer weathers over the winter.
The Pre-Fall collections, however, are a whole different story. Every season designers produce better and better Pre-Fall lines, which could easily compete with F/W did they not play in a different league. I, for one, am a big fan of commercial designer collections because they usually include the items I'd like to wear daily.

This week Burberry has released their Pre-Fall 2013 look book and I am already coveting quite a few of the pieces. The brand describes the collection as "an opulent and sculptural interpretation of iconic Burberry pieces in elevated in eclectic materials", which is the nice way of describing luxury classics. The graphic jumpers, be it the plunging V or the quirky policeman one – and the printed macs are a nice dynamic twist to dark ensembles. I absolutely love the mink-lined biker jacket and the stunning camel cardigan with the contrast trim and shawl collar. I think the whole collection captures  very well the idea of a quintessentially British contemporary man.

BurberryPrefall13b
Courtesy of Burberry

No comments: