29 September 2012

Thinking FW12: Yes, Deer Tie

hero_yesdeertie-product-10
My obsession with ties didn't start until about 2 years ago. Before then, I would never wear one because, frankly, I didn't believe in them. Silly me. Since then, my collection has grown enormously especially if you consider that I only wear them little over twice a year for fashion week and for special events.
On my wishlist for FW12, as well as Jil Sander's whale one, is this 'Yes, Deer Tie' from Of a Kind created in collaboration with The Knottery. Green is my go-to colour in the winter and I have this thing for deer and moose motifs so it kind of ticks all the boxes.
I sounded so keen on this tie, even to myself, that I stopped mid-post and bought it online. Ha! It is only $45 and there is only 50 of them so I guess this is what they call affordable luxury. Now I am terribly excited about how cool it will look with my flannel Gant Rugger suit – a perfect look for icy Milan Fashion Week in January.

No comments: