25 September 2012

Daks SS13: A Modern Gentleman

DaksSS13a

If I am quite honest, which is kind of the premise of this blog, I wasn't very aware of Daks' menswear line until I attended the SS13 last June in Milan. I really like what the brand does for women and their London shows are a welcome shower of simplicity.
The collection brought together traditional tailoring – the double-chested suit, the tuxedo – with a fun contemporary twist. Pops of orange and colourful Prince of Wales checks appeared on the lining of coats, the back pleats of jackets, waist bands and back collars. To me, the most interesting thing was how the line mixed smart elements like the smoking jacket, the bowtie or the cummerbund with English sportswear pieces – bomber jackets, rain coats, shorts.
The colour palette of earthy tones, bright orange and sartorial checks tied together all the pieces, all of which were so beautifully finished with slim fits and cuffed trousers. It was definitely a collection after my own heart that I would wear in a heartbeat.

DaksSS13b
DSC_0111 DSC_0114

Sheermag.com, Fashion, Frankly

No comments: