12 May 2012

Neil Barrett & Phillip Lim: Dip dye face off

NEILvsLIM
Luisaviaroma, My-Wardrobe
I am currently on shirt-buying mode. For the last two weeks I have been incessantly looking at all my favourite e-tail websites trying to find the best buys for this summer. I am usually a very basic guy when it comes to shirts because I've always been afraid of buying pieces with "too much character" that I will get bored of.
However, I always tend to do the opposite in the summer. Since men's summer attire is reduced to a tee/polo/shirt and shorts I try to make an effort injecting my outfits with something interesting. But so far I have been terribly unlucky. Yesterday I ventured into the world of Top Man on Oxford Circus and tried on lots of shirts I loved but the fit was so off – screw you skinny tall British men.
So I have gone back to the original strategy of looking online. I might end up spending more money but it'll definitely be worth it! One of my latest finds I am still debating on is 3.1 Phillip Lim's dip dye shirt, which I find very chic. The only con I can think of os the fact it's short sleeved.
While looking some more I found this other Neil Barrett shirt from last season. I don't like the reversed dip dye effect as much but it's long sleeved.

What do you think?

No comments: