25 November 2011

Fight the blues with blue

eddieredmayneburberry
Courtesy of Burberry
I'm not one of those people who gets very depressed in winter and just wishes for it to be over and for summer to return. On the contrary, I am a huge fan of winter. It's the time to be cozy and chilled and, most importantly, to wrap up. This means you can actually have a lot more fun getting dressed every day.
Looking at this picture of Eddie Redmayne dressed head to toe in Burberry it occurred to me that I have been wearing a lot of blue, especially navy, so far this season. I try to combine different shades and different textures to keep the looks interesting. It's just such a great colour for the winter because it's dark and it feels cozy but it's not as lacking in any kind of joy as black. Though both colours can look super chic when properly combined! I've also been wearing a lot of black and blue.
And so I've had a look at Mr Porter to see which blue Burberry pieces I'd pair with each other, Redmayne style. I started with the Prorsum wool trousers because I loved the texture and the half formal half informal design. I would wear them with a shirt in a lighter shade of blue –I chose this Prorsum one because the chambray fabric gives it a casual feel but the pleated details at the front keep it smart. I would finish up the look with a navy blazer like this washed cotton Burberry Brit one to go out for dinner or with this quilted bomber jacket for an every day cool ensemble.

No comments: