31 July 2013

3 Must-Have Jackets from the River Island Holiday 2013 Collection

RiverIslandFW13

Growing up as a kid in Spain, it was a great time because I knew I still had a month before school was due to start so I would get excited over the winter wear, which I've always liked much more than summer clothes. And even now when there is no 3-month holiday I find myself in the same situation looking at the FW13 collections thinking what I should (can) and shouldn't (can't) buy.
River Island has been stepping it up a lot over the past couple of seasons. I keep finding great pieces from them at ASOS and it's one of the few high street shops I don't mind having a look around. They have recently released their Holiday 2013 look book, which includes a lot of great pieces – especially outerwear and jackets.
You can see the entire collection over at Fashion, Frankly's Facebook page but these above are my favourites. First, the contrast biker jacket with leather sleeves – a brilliant choice for autumn to keep you warm and looking cool and also great to layer under a coat later in the season. Secondly, the double-chested overcoat – I love the shearling detail on the lapels and the contrast colour of the sleeves in beige. It's a classic remastered. And finally, the double-chested blazer in Prince of Wales check – I love these type of jackets styled just like in the picture, as a coat over a casual jumper.

No comments: