10 April 2013

The Shades to Own this Season

OakleySS13

I would have never thought I would write about Oakley sunglasses on the blog. I must admit to wearing a pair a long long time ago but they have never quite been my cup of tea.
Thanks to, or because of some fashion editors I have changed my mind. Everyone from the sartorially traditional Italians at Pitti to the über-trendy fashion directors of the womenswear glossies have been spotted wearing Oakley's Frogskin sunglasses.
While it's true that they're quintessentially a seasonal trend we will most likely laugh at in not so long I can't help but want a pair for the SS13 season. Whether you go for the more subtle (?) matte frames with blue mirrored lenses or for the bolder models they are a great way of adding a dash of colour to an outfit. I especially like them worn with a more formal look, for a nice sportswear contrast – if there was ever a season to experiment with this other trend, this is it. And, if you know where to look, you can get them for under £90, which is not a bad deal for a new pair of sunglasses (they will always be perfect for a ski trip).

No comments: