21 January 2013

Milan Fashion Week with Capital One Aspire World

card1

A good credit card is everyone's must-have, especially when you travel. I had been looking for the one best suited to my needs for a while now, which is why I was happy to find out about Capital One's Aspire range. There is a different type depending on your needs, your income, your credit history...
Over my stay in Milan for fashion week I had the chance to try out their Aspire World credit card, which was the best time to do so as it's always a fun trip but one that needs careful planning of the expenses. What really made me go for it was it's 5% cashback (up to 100) for the first three months and 1.25% unlimited cashback after that – who wouldn't want cashback for their spending?
You can use Capital One's website to help you decide which card fits you best.

I like to always stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan not only because it's the top hotel in the city but because it is also where most of the industry people stay over fashion week. Because hotels usually charge you as you check in – as a deposit they then return – and then again at check out Capital One's card was the perfect accessory so I didn't have to worry about crazy charges on my current account. All my room service, the hotel's chic breakfast and cheeky night caps were also charged to my room and, hence, to my Aspire World card.

card2

Also, when in Rome Milan... good food is a must, especially after long days of running between shows and appointments. I used my black card – as I like to refer to it – to pay for my amazing dinners. If you're ever in town, make sure you visit Giacomo Arengario – exquisite Italian food and the most incredible views!
If you're looking for something more relaxed, the Brera neighbourhood is beautiful at night and you can find cute little places like Fiori Chiari Plates where you'll find great food.

card3
card5

There are endless places in Milan to have a break during the day. I took my Aspire World card on many of them – a chilled but chic lunch at the Bvlgari Hotel, Aperol spritz aperitivo at (my favourite) Corso Como 10 or food and coffee at any time at the Armani Bamboo Bar at the top of the Armani Hotel.

card4
All images @fashionfrankly on Instagram

Sponsored Content

No comments: