30 March 2012

Moncler Gamme Bleu FW12



Last January, while I was in Milan for menswear fashion week I attended the Moncler Gamme Bleu show. Even though I've always been a fan of the brand and its different branches – especially the quirkier one courtesy of Thom Browne – I often saw most of their runway shows as being more for fun. But how wrong I was!
The FW12 collection was full of jackets I would love to wear! There is something so cool about a quilted puffy blazer, like a perfect marriage between formal and sportswear. This season was inspired mainly by Formula 1 racing attire, which meant a lot of overalls (worn over full suits) walked down the runway. Despite not being traditionally from the Formula 1 background Browne managed to include some quilted Prince of Wales trousers and jackets that broke the collection up a bit but that worked great with the other plain greys and navy blues, which aside from the odd red and bright yellow, dominated the collection.

Click here to have a look at the full collection in pictures.

No comments: