20 January 2012

Three SS12 must-buys from TopMan

TopManSS12
carolinesmode.com/modeman
It's a little weird to be writing this post about the best SS12 buys after spending the weekend in Milan looking at the FW collections... And even weirder when you realise that menswear comes out pretty much a year in advance! In any case, I am working on my posts of the collections I got to see first hand but I will also continue to post about my picks for spring/summer, a man's got to be prepared.
TopMan has really moved forward in terms of design over the past few seasons. They're the only high street brand that does trend without copying high fashion designers. Instead, they 'get' the mood of the season or the style and they do it their way. I have bought a handful of their pieces for this winter and I am already excited about next season's items.
My three favourites (of what I've seen for the moment) are the tropical print shorts, which remind me a lot of what Prada did for women a couple of seasons ago. I was then obsessed with the prints and so I am chuffed to know I'll be owning a pair in a few months.
Second on the list is the aztec print denim shirt. I just cannot get enough of this motif on shirts, jumpers and scarves. I think they're great because they inject character into an outfit but they're generally not overpowering and a lot of them work throughout the seasons.
And last, the leopard knit jumper. It's taken me all of winter to realise that there's a particular way of doing leopard motifs that works really well for men. I missed out on a few great pieces over the last few months, which is precisely why I have my eyes on this bad boy that must be mine!
Go to TopMan to see much more!

No comments: