08 June 2011

He's Fly: Haider Ackermann in Haider Ackermann

Have you realised we've been given an understated exclusive look at Haider Ackermann's latest collection? He debuted his menswear about a year ago at Pitti. It was very ethnic and extremely manly, very Haider. If I'm right and what the designer himself wore to this week's CFDA awards is a taste of what we'll be seeing in a few weeks it's going to be an excellent collection!
I have always been against shiny suit fabrics but these somehow work, no? The striped trousers look very classic but have a luxurious and different touch that I love. I love Haider's take on tailoring because the fits look so comfortable and modern. And I'm particularly keen on the colour mix he's chosen here.
HaiderAckermannCFDA11
[Zimbio, Style.com, GQ.com]

No comments: