14 October 2010

I am my shoes

The Nike Air Force 1 is probably the most famous sneaker ever made (okay, the Converse Chuck Taylor too). The brand has been quite clever redesigning it through time, being sold in low-cut, mid-top and high-top as well as a variety of colours and different fabrics. However, no matter how many times they've reinvented it since 1985, a shoe like that eventually becomes a classic. This shouldn't be a bad thing to happen if it weren't because Hip Hop artists and basketball players love them and they always want to look, well, hip. And this is why Nike is introducing their famous model into the NIKEiD scheme. They've been offering this made-to-measure service for years so we can choose colours and fabrics for the different panels that make up the trainer as well as sole, stitching, laces and inside, not to mention the final touch —a shoe id that makes it unique. I don't know if I find the customised AF-1 much cooler than the rest because I have been wanting a pair for years (and never found the design I like) or because they are actually the best model on offer but I can't wait for them to go online because I am so jealous of Jim Moore's pair.

No comments: